- 250 g button mushrooms cleaned and sliced into 1cm slices
- 250 g gourmet flat mushrooms cleaned and sliced into 1cm slices
- 250 g shiitake mushrooms cleaned and sliced into 1cm slices (or use a mix of shiitake, oyster and enoki mushrooms)
- 125 ml olive oil extra virgin (1/2 cup)
- 10 g thyme (generous handful) washed and tied into 2-3 bunches with kitchen string (see note 1)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 500 ml HOT beef stock hot beef stock (heat in a saucepan before adding to mushrooms)
- 1/4 c chopped parsley Italian parsley and/or chervil, chopped
- extra salt, pepper to season if required
Thyme - in the photos you can see that I have scattered loose thyme sprigs over the mushrooms. You can do this, however I found at the end of cooking time, I had to pick all the sprigs out of the dish. I now tie the thyme sprigs into 2 or 3 bunches using kitchen string, and that way they can be easily removed at the end.
Hot Liquid Stock - please make sure you add HOT stock to the mushrooms. This is very important as adding cold stock will mean the mushroom won’t immediately absorb the liquid and you will end up with liquid at the end of the cooking time.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 273mg | Potassium: 589mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 290IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg